Apr 14, 2021
CNST 160 - Digital Audio Skills
Semester Offered: Second Semester, First Module
Credits (Range): 1 Hour
This course educates student musicians about the practical aspects of recording, editing, and distributing their music.
Students who complete the course will acquire the following skills:
• choosing microphones appropriate to their instrument(s)
• operating an audio recording device of CD-quality
• transferring their recording to computer
• editing their recording with computer software
• saving their finished recording in a format for distribution (CD and/or MP3 file)
Students will learn primarily through hands-on experience. Each component of the course will include a technical
introduction with written materials and practical experience with hands-on exercises.
Instructor: T. Lopez
Prerequisites & Notes
Consent of Instructor required.
Enrollment Limit: 18
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)